Are you interested in joining the Schizy Inc. committee?
We're looking for expressions of interest from creatives, advocates and allies, with lived experience of mental illness/recovery, to join the fabulous Schizy Inc. committee.
Committee members have the opportunity to learn skills in project and event management, improve lived experience advocacy in society and belong to a fantastic emerging arts culture.
Membership requires some commitment. Agendas are distributed prior to each meeting and often require a little bit of reading on the internet. A monthly meeting is held in central Melbourne which requires regular attendance or communication.
A few guidelines for applicants:
- meetings are usually held monthly on a Tuesday at 1pm - 3pm.
- meeting venue is accessible and near train/tram.
- members are not paid. However, expenses incurred in the course of a project will be reimbursed (upon pre-approval by committee)
- lived experience of a mental health reality is preferred, however allies are welcome to join the committee provided lived experience agency is recognised.
- members pay a $2 membership fee (as per Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 (the Act))
- membership will lapse if there's a lack of communication from the member over a set period.
- members need to be able to actively engage in Schizy Inc. activity: i.e. discussion, advocacy, promotion, event/project management and/or policy around mental health and the arts.
- Schizy Inc. is all about the arts and advocacy, but we also have a lot of fun. Members need to be at a personal level of mental health well-being (respecting the episodic nature of conditions) and a sense of humour is especially encouraged.
- membership is not limited to people with schizophrenia.
If this sounds like your thing, please get in touch. Be sure to include a bit of a background on your experience in the arts and why you'd like to become a Schizy Inc. member.